International technical journal for the professionals of the industry of both classical and high tech ceramics and applied researchers working in Academia and Industry. Started in 1980. Four-monthly. In English.
Technological complement to CERAMICS INTERNATIONAL
INDUSTRIAL CERAMICS covers fields of industrial development such as improved processing cycles and advances in design and production in machinery, equipment and systems for the fabrication of all kinds of ceramics, from clay products to space age ceramic materials. It is needed to serve as a concrete link between the achievements of applied research and current production practice. Particular emphasis is placed on those aspects of design and plant technology which are directed towards obtaining unit cost reductions through better use of material, energy and labour resources, and assure high standards of product quality and reliability. Each issue contains a balanced set of original papers on innovation in technology and use of classical and special (Hi-Tech) ceramics, and topical news of interest to the international ceramic community, both Industry and Academy people, on production and marketing trends, commercial news, improved machinery, systems and equipment, activity of national and international professional bodies, trade exhibitions, meetings and congresses, abstracts of patents and other useful literature.
Because of its unusually large diffusion on a worldwide scale, INDUSTRIAL CERAMICS is a unique promotional medium for suppliers to the entire range of the ceramics industry including floor and wall tile, dinnerware, sanitaryware, colours and glazes, heavy clay products, refractories, technical ceramics and hi-tech ceramics.
- Classical Ceramics (Original contributions to the advancement of classical ceramics products and their production technologies)
- Advanced Ceramics (Original contributions to the advancement of products and industrial processes in the area of advanced ceramics)
- Topic in Focus (A collection of papers devoted to a specific subject of special relevance and actuality for production and application)
- “Reports” (Congresses, meetings, fairs, etc.)
- “News” (News of general interest coming from research and industry)
- “Trends” (News on markets, production statistics, sectorial studies)
- “What’s On” (Product and process innovation)
- “Updating” (New machinery and products)
- “Incoming” (Incoming congresses, meetings, exhibitions)
- “Bookshelf” (New books)
INDUSTRIAL CERAMICS is mainly addressed to technicians and experts working in the classical and advanced ceramics industry, and researchers and experts interested in new trends of development of ceramic products and in their uses.