Started at the beginning of '70s to provide a meeting point among ceramic scientists, researchers, technicians and experts of the two blocks that constituted the geopolitical assembly in those years, the CIMTEC series of international meetings grew in importance along the years also spreading its field of interests to the whole area of materials and related technologies.
Today it constitutes one of the leading international meeting points to discuss and update findings both on upgrading of traditional materials technologies and especially to present latest advances and main achievements in the several areas of new materials and innovative technologies.
Presently, CIMTEC congresses are held every two years and include the "International Ceramics Congress" consisting of many sections devoted to classical and advanced ceramics, and the "Forum on New Materials" which includes a number of parallel international conferences devoted to specific areas of main relevance for research on materials and for their implementation in innovative technologies for metals, ceramics, glazes, polymers and their combinations and composites.
In the frame of main events, special events are also organized on specific topics of interest to materials scientists and technologists.
- CIMTEC 2016 Perugia, June 5-9, 2016
- CIMTEC 2014 Montecatini Terme June 8-19, 2014
- CIMTEC 2012 Montecatini Terme, June 10-14, 2012
- CIMTEC 2010 Montecatini Terme June 6-18, 2010
- CIMTEC 2008 Acireale, Sicily, June 8-13, 2008
- CIMTEC 2006 Acireale Sicily June 4-9, 2006
- CIMTEC 2002 Firenze July 14-18, 2002
- CIMTEC 1998 Firenze June 14-19, 1998
- CIMTEC 1994 Firenze June 28 -July 4, 1994
- CIMTEC 1990 Montecatini Terme June 24-30, 1990 and Trieste July 2-5, 1990
- CIMTEC 1986 Milano June 26-28, 1986
- CIMTEC 1982 Lignano Sabbiadoro June 14-19, 1982
- CIMTEC 1979 Saint-Vincent May 28-31, 1979
- CIMTEC 1976 Rimini May 27-31, 1976
- CIMTEC 1973 Cesenatico May 28-30, 1973
- CIMTEC 1970 Faenza May 28-29, 1970
- 3rd International Conference on "Computational Modeling and Simulation of Materials" 2004
- 1st International Conference on "Mass and Charge Transport in Inorganic Materials" Lido di Jesolo, Venice, May 28-June 2, 2000
- International Conference on "Innovative Materials" Modena, June 4-6, 1992